Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday november 6th

please join me at 9:30 am in Chinatown.
we will be in front of the Empress Pavilion in the Bamboo Court.,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90012&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=34.067085,-118.237245&spn=0.00583,0.013561&om=1
see you there. bring print outs of last weeks homework

Thursday, October 28, 2010

saturday october 30th

looks like rain again so we'll meet in the class room.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Saturday october 23

i've been watching the weather all week and lets meet in the class room tomorrow. it looks like it'll still be partly cloudy so we can work indoors on composition.

Monday, October 18, 2010

lovely overcast

this weekends iPad painting. it was completely overcast for Saturdays class which gives you very consistent light. i tried out a new app called Inspire Pro. very painterly. good comparative color picker, good brushes, nice cross-hair for stylus. 95% painted in Inspire and the other 5% in sketchbook pro for some scatter brush effect.

Labels: , ,

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

saturday, october 16th

we are meeting at Eaton Canyon this week at 9:30 am. we will gather near the nature center in the middle of the lot. parking tends to fill up fast so go early if you can.
we will hike a little ways into the canyon, i suggest bringing lunch and water.
see you there.

Monday, October 04, 2010

saturday october 9th 2010

we will be meeting at Millard canyon at 9:30am. the half hour is to give you extra time, don't abuse it. you will need to get an "Adventure Pass" to park there. they can be purchased at Sport Chalet, REI and maybe Big 5. you can buy a one day pass instead of a full year. make sure you have print outs of the homework!!! i wont look at your screen.

Trailhead and directions to trailhead: From Loma Alta Drive in Altadena, go north on Chaney Trail to the top of Sunset Ridge turning left and going down the hill on the other side to a large parking lot. the lot is down after the ridge. keep driving down.,+Altadena,+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=15&ll=34.206337,-118.146844&spn=0.023283,0.054245&iwloc=addr